UX Design Lead
Unique opportunity in a
About the company
Plaace is a rapidly growing Norwegian tech start-up set out to disrupt the global retail property industry. We are working towards an awesome goal of creating vibrant streets and cities that people truly love. We do so with a state of the art platform, fueled by advanced analytics and newly available data sources to make the optimal match between retail properties and tenants.
If you’re exceptional in your field – and want to make a real impact together with talented individuals – then we want to talk with you.
As our new UX Design Lead, you will be a driving force in delivering exceptional user experiences on the Plaace platform. We are looking for an ambitious, creative and business savvy designer that loves to deliver world class product experiences.
Our ambition is to make the platform a daily tool for everyone in retail, hospitality and commercial real estate. That stickiness will come from combining deep data insights with efficient process support. Making this happen with an intuitive and beautiful user interface will be the core of your role.
We are a customer obsessed company and all product features are prioritized and designed in close dialogue with our users. As part of the product team, you get to interact with a wide range of users and stakeholders, and will be championing their cause in search of the most valuable pieces of functionality and design. Methods such as Design Thinking, Lean Startup, Agile Development and Product Led Growth are fundamental elements in our operations, and we expect you to be as curious as us in exploring new ways of working and delivering customer value.
Preferably you have a passion for urban development, retail or property as well, and want to contribute in making vibrant streets and cities around the world. We offer you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join a startup at full speed with a good compensation package and a competitive share option program.
What you will do
- Develop best practices with the design and creative team, and influence design led thinking across the business
- Ideate new and improved ways for people to use the Plaace platform, continuously assess customer interaction points and recommend design improvements, work hands-on to map user flows, prototype interactions, and oversee the building process
- Help with research and tell the story of the customer and create consensus around user outcomes
- Partner with the Product, Engineering and Data Science to define problems & goals
- Be part of developing creative programs and design concepts that meet business objectives and advance our brand and value proposition
- Hands-on experience as a UX designer in a cross-functional product team
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work
- The ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Experience in managing or leading design teams that include interaction designers, visual designers and UX researchers is an advantage
Please do not see everything in this job ad as “must have”, it’s rather a guiding list of what we’re looking for. We encourage you to apply even if you’re not “spot on”, but just close to the brief.
What we offer
A unique opportunity to shape your own career and influence the growth of a successful start-up. Key benefits:
- Get a ton of responsibility and freedom to contribute with your unique talent and experience while you work on truly enjoyable tasks and projects
- See contributions be instantly implemented and create business value, as opposed to long decision-making processes in large corporates
- Contribute early in defining the next part of the growth journey for a VC-backed tech startup with MNOK 13 in total funding, 15 pilot customers and ambitious international scaling partners
- Get to work closely with some of the biggest real estate companies in Norway, their retail and hospitality tenants, leading brokers, data partners and stars of the startup ecosystem
- Work in a fun, inspiring and performance driven culture that puts structure, methods and learning at the center, in a team with experts in digital product development, tech, data science, retail, start-up, and venture capital
- 5 weeks vacation, social offices at StartupLab in Oslo (new friendships guaranteed), laptop and equipment of your choice, private health insurance, and an invite to the Plaace dinner club
Please share anything that helps you tell your story, and why you’re a good match with the Plaace team. We review applications in either Norwegian or English.
Apply now, and join our awesome team
If you have any questions or want to apply via email, please contact us on email@example.com