Head of Analytics and Business Intelligence
Unique opportunity in a
About the company
Plaace is a rapidly growing Norwegian tech start-up set out to disrupt the global retail property industry. We are working towards an awesome goal of creating vibrant streets and cities that people truly love. We do so with a state of the art platform, fueled by advanced analytics and newly available data sources to make the optimal match between retail properties and tenants.
If you’re exceptional in your field – and want to make a real impact together with talented individuals – then we want to talk with you.
As the Head of Analytics and Business Intelligence, you’re handed the responsibility of building a state-of-the art Analytics and Business Intelligence offering for our clients. Data is at the core of our platform and we are looking for a brilliant individual to combine, analyze and visualize data from a range of sources. We apply value based data methods to ensure that clients get solid decision support on our platform, and you will be in charge of all our efforts towards extracting the most valuable business insights and automated recommendations for our clients.
You will work alongside some of the most talented people in the industry and will get to develop yourself as a team player and leader. As Head of Analytics and BI you are leading a group of Plaace Data Analysis Interns as well as our new Data Scientist, and will collaborate closely with the product development team and Plaace management.
We are looking for an ambitious, self-driven and highly analytical problem solver who loves data and preferably has a passion for urban development, retail or property. We offer you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join a startup at full speed with a good compensation package and a competitive share option program.
What you will do
- Drive the selection and implementation of a customer facing BI tool, including development of relevant dashboards and embedding of data visualizations on the Plaace platform
- Work with exciting Big Data sets ranging from telecom and location data, transaction data and public data sets, enhancing data structure and quality
- Provide analysis and data insights for Plaace customers, continually prioritize, develop and iterate on new analysis offerings and tools
- Lead in scoping out use cases for data, reporting, and analytics with key stakeholders internally and externally
- Collaborate with Plaace data partners and participate in commercial discussions
- Support the Plaace data acquisition strategy and assess potential partners and data sources needed for international expansion
- Contribute with activities in a disruptive innovation project with SINTEF involving optimization, machine learning and AI
- 2-5 years of relevant experience working with Analytics, Business Intelligence or Data Science in a business environment or as a consultant
- Master’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Industrial Management or Business with excellent academic results from a top-tier university
- Experience with Python or similar, extracting data from big tables using SQL or other relational databases
- Experience with Power BI, Tableau or similar data visualization tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both English (must), and Norwegian (beneficial)
- Proven leadership skills with a record of leading teams or projects is an advantage
- A can-do attitude, with high stamina, grit and determination
What we offer
A unique opportunity to shape your own career and influence the growth of a successful start-up. Key benefits:
- Get a ton of responsibility and freedom to contribute with your unique talent and experience while you work on truly enjoyable tasks and projects
- See contributions be instantly implemented and create business value, as opposed to long decision-making processes in large corporates
- Contribute early in defining the next part of the growth journey for a VC-backed tech startup with MNOK 13 in total funding, 15 pilot customers and ambitious international scaling partners
- Get to work closely with some of the biggest real estate companies in Norway, their retail and hospitality tenants, leading brokers, data partners and stars of the startup ecosystem
- Work in a fun, inspiring and performance driven culture that puts structure, methods and learning at the center, in a team with experts in digital product development, tech, data science, retail, start-up, and venture capital
- 5 weeks vacation, social offices at StartupLab in Oslo (new friendships guaranteed), laptop and equipment of your choice, private health insurance, and an invite to the Plaace dinner club
Please share anything that helps you tell your story, and why you’re a good match with the Plaace team. We review applications in either Norwegian or English.
Apply now, and join our awesome team
If you have any questions or want to apply via email, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org