Frontend - Software Engineer
Unique opportunity in a
About the company
Plaace is a rapidly growing Norwegian tech start-up set out to disrupt the global retail property industry. We are working towards an awesome goal of creating vibrant streets and cities that people truly love. We do so with a state of the art platform, fueled by advanced analytics and newly available data sources to make the optimal match between retail properties and tenants.
If you’re exceptional in your field – and want to make a real impact together with talented individuals – then we want to talk with you.
As our new Software Engineer, you will take a central role in developing our cutting edge platform utilizing modern technologies and tools. The primary building blocks of the platform are now in place, and your role will be to keep building highly desired functionality and make the platform perform perfectly across users, companies and geographies. We are offering our users a complex, modular product wrapped in an elegant and user friendly interface, and it is your responsibility to make this technological magic happen.
You will work in a multidisciplinary team consisting of talented Software Engineers, Data Scientists, Designers and Business experts, from capturing user needs to shipping and maintaining elegant code. You will strongly influence how technical challenges should be solved, and what technologies and tools should be used.
We are looking for a brilliant individual motivated to work with a modern technology stack to make a beyond state of the art platform. Preferably you have a passion for urban development, retail or property as well, and want to contribute in making vibrant streets and cities around the world. We offer you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join a startup at full speed with a good compensation package and a competitive share option program.
What you will do
- Develop the Plaace platform to deliver consistent customer value by designing, developing, integrating and maintaining software solutions and functionality
- Own what you make and choose the tools and technologies you want to work with
- Work with all parts of the solution, front end, backend, analysis unit etc.
- Support in driving best practices such as agile processes (scrum/kanban), CI, unit testing, clean code, pair programming / code reviews
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
- 2-5 years of professional experience working across the full software development lifecycle, from conception, architecture definition, detailed design, scoping, planning, implementation, testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline with strong academic results, alternatively compensated by highly relevant work experience
- Experience with the current, modern Plaace technology stack: Typescript, React, Next.js, Node.js, and Git
- Experience with Graphql, Python, Docker, Postgresql with PostGIS, and AWS/Google cloud is an advantage
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Passionate about making awesome clean and modifiable code
- Self-driven with a proven ability to structure work and produce high-quality deliverables
What we offer
A unique opportunity to shape your own career and influence the growth of a successful start-up. Key benefits:
- Get a ton of responsibility and freedom to contribute with your unique talent and experience while you work on truly enjoyable tasks and projects
- See contributions be instantly implemented and create business value, as opposed to long decision-making processes in large corporates
- Contribute early in defining the next part of the growth journey for a VC-backed tech startup with MNOK 13 in total funding, 15 pilot customers and ambitious international scaling partners
- Get to work closely with some of the biggest real estate companies in Norway, their retail and hospitality tenants, leading brokers, data partners and stars of the startup ecosystem
- Work in a fun, inspiring and performance driven culture that puts structure, methods and learning at the center, in a team with experts in digital product development, tech, data science, retail, start-up, and venture capital
- 5 weeks vacation, social offices at StartupLab in Oslo (new friendships guaranteed), laptop and equipment of your choice, private health insurance, and an invite to the Plaace dinner club
Please share anything that helps you tell your story, and why you’re a good match with the Plaace team. We review applications in either Norwegian or English.
Apply now, and join our awesome team
If you have any questions or want to apply via email, please contact us on email@example.com