Unique opportunity in a
About the company
Plaace is a rapidly growing Norwegian tech start-up set out to disrupt the global retail property industry. We are working towards an awesome goal of creating vibrant streets and cities that people truly love. We do so with a state of the art platform, fueled by advanced analytics and newly available data sources to make the optimal match between retail properties and tenants.
If you’re exceptional in your field – and want to make a real impact together with talented individuals – then we want to talk with you.
As a data scientist in Plaace you will be a key player in developing the core of our game changing AI-driven matching and optimization technology. Data is the basis of our platform and we are looking for a brilliant mind to work on a broad range of super exciting data sets to extract business value. You will experiment with machine learning techniques such as clustering of areas, businesses and properties based on distinct attributes, develop revenue estimation models and assess cannibalization effects and synergies between different tenant concepts and businesses.
You will work closely with our new Head of Analytics and Business Intelligence, our clients, the product development team and Plaace management to develop and maintain data analyses and functionality on our state-of-the-art platform. This entails responsibility for structuring our data sets and maintaining data integrity for fueling experimental and existing analyses. You will be a key contributor in a rapidly expanding team of data scientists and developers.
As the problems we solve are highly complex, we seek people with diverse backgrounds and experience; you could be a physicist, mathematician, programmer, or something completely different; you could be a PhD, an experienced management consultant or a newly graduated M.Sc. The important part is that you have a solid mathematical foundation and love problem solving. A passion for urban development, retail or property also helps. We offer you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join a startup at full speed with a good compensation package and a competitive share option program.
What you will do
- Work with exciting Big Data sets ranging from telecom and location data, transaction data and public data sets, enhancing data structure and quality
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques, both domestically and in new markets
- Provide analysis and data insights for Plaace customers by developing and iterating on custom data models and algorithms, including use of predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer location and tenant selection
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality
- Collaborate with Plaace data partners and external experts
- Contribute with activities in a disruptive innovation project with SINTEF involving optimization, machine learning and AI
- 2-5 years of relevant experience working with Data Science in a business environment
- Master’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Industrial Management or related fields with excellent academic results from a top-tier university
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SQL etc.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience with using Power BI, Tableau or similar data visualization tools is an advantage
What we offer
A unique opportunity to shape your own career and influence the growth of a successful start-up. Key benefits:
- Get a ton of responsibility and freedom to contribute with your unique talent and experience while you work on truly enjoyable tasks and projects
- See contributions be instantly implemented and create business value, as opposed to long decision-making processes in large corporates
- Contribute early in defining the next part of the growth journey for a VC-backed tech startup with MNOK 13 in total funding, 15 pilot customers and ambitious international scaling partners
- Get to work closely with some of the biggest real estate companies in Norway, their retail and hospitality tenants, leading brokers, data partners and stars of the startup ecosystem
- Work in a fun, inspiring and performance driven culture that puts structure, methods and learning at the center, in a team with experts in digital product development, tech, data science, retail, start-up, and venture capital
- 5 weeks vacation, social offices at StartupLab in Oslo (new friendships guaranteed), laptop and equipment of your choice, private health insurance, and an invite to the Plaace dinner club
Please share anything that helps you tell your story, and why you’re a good match with the Plaace team. We review applications in either Norwegian or English.
Apply now, and join our awesome team
If you have any questions or want to apply via email, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org